- ABANDONMENT: Abandonment is the act of abandoning something or someone.
Positive: Dreaming of abandonment could represent that it is time to leave behind the fear of loss as a result of abandonment, betrayal, and rejection. It could represent that God wants you to abandon worldly desires and live for Him.
Negative: In a dream, abandonment could represent that you are in need of emotional healing. It could also indicate that you may be unknowingly abandoning those who care about you because you are too focused on your own problems.
(Psalm 34:18; Psalm 27:10; Deuteronomy 31:8).
- ABDUCTION: Abduction is the act of seizing and taking away a person by force.
Positive: In a dream, being abducted could represent that God is taking you out of a situation that is harmful, even if you don’t know it. God could be saving you from yourself.
Negative: Dreaming of abduction could represent others who are manipulating you in an attempt to control you or your circumstances. This type of dream could indicate feelings of helplessness or despair.
(Exodus 21:16; Deuteronomy 24:7; Ephesians 2:8; Acts 2:21).
- ABORTION: An abortion is a termination of pregnancy resulting in the death of the baby.
Positive: Dreaming of an abortion could represent a divine cancellation of the enemy’s plans.
Negative: In a dream, an abortion could represent a satanic attack on your greatness, power, spiritual strength, and the vision the Lord has given you.
(Psalm 139:13-16; Jeremiah 1:5; John 10:10; Revelation 12:11).
- ABSORBING: Absorbing is to take in something in a natural or gradual way.
Positive: In a dream, absorbing can represent adaption, getting along with strangers, or absorbing the Word of God.
Negative: Absorbing could also represent a warning to be flexible, danger of absorbing wicked behaviors, or a warning to watch what you see and hear.
(Luke 11:33-36; John 17:21; 2 John 1:9).
- ABUSING: Abuse is the physical maltreatment of someone or something.
Positive: Dreaming of abuse could represent God as our defender.
Negative: In a dream, abuse could represent that God is calling you to repent of past sins. It could also represent that one has a victim mentality. It could indicate that you may be giving someone too much power in your waking life.
(Proverbs 18:21; Proverbs 3:31; Colossians 3:19; Ephesians 6:4; Galatians 5:19-21).
- ACCELERATING: Accelerating is to move faster or to gain speed.
Positive: Dreaming of accelerating could represent gaining momentum in personal life, promotion, empowerment, or divine assistance.
Negative: Accelerating in a dream could symbolize learning to not get caught up in pride due to quick acceleration.
(1 Kings 18:46).
- ACCUSING: Accusing is to charge without cause or offense. In the Bible, the devil is often referred to as the “accuser of the brethren.”
Positive: Accusing in a dream could represent Jesus Christ interceding on your behalf.
Negative: In a dream, accusing could symbolize God revealing pride in you or the need to prepare for an upcoming attack against you or your ministry.
(John 8:10; Daniel 6:24).
- ADULTERY: Adultery is voluntary sexual intercourse between a married person and someone other than that person’s partner.
Positive: Dreaming of adultery could be God showing you your weaknesses to help you before time.
Negative: Dreaming of adultery could represent spiritual adultery, natural adultery, sexual sin, idolatry, or a struggle with pornography.
(Galatians 5:19-21; James 4:4; Ezekiel 23:45).
- AGREEING: Agreeing is when two parties come into harmony or accordance in opinion or feeling.
Positive: Dreaming of agreeing could represent the power of the prayer of agreement as mentioned in the Bible. Agreement represents unity and harmony or being in one accord. Agreeing could also represent the Godhead.
Negative: In a dream, not agreeing with someone could represent division which can lead to betrayal. Dreaming of a disagreement could be a warning about an upcoming betrayal. It could also indicate division or strife.
(Matthew 18:19; Amos 3:3; Matthew 12:26; Mark 3:24; Luke 11:17).
- AMAZEMENT: Amazement is the feeling of being in awe of something or someone. In a dream, it could represent being filled with the joy of the Holy Spirit.
Positive: In a dream, being amazed could represent God speaking to you about His spirit within you. It could also indicate a heavenly visitation or God giving you revelation.
Negative: If you feel amazed in a dream, it could represent exaggeration or pride in your life. It could also indicate that you are too focused on or preoccupied with the wrong things and getting more excited about worldly things than the things of God.
(Genesis 2:7; John 4:10; Joshua 11:7).
- ANGER: Anger is a negative emotion felt by humans and celestial beings, including God. It can be godly or ungodly depending on its motives/intentions.
Positive: In a dream, anger could represent God showing you how to control your anger, or ridding anger from your life. It could also represent God provoking you to jealousy. God could also be showing you how to be slow to anger through a dream.
Negative: Dreaming that you are angry could represent a spirit of wrath in your life. It could also represent a hardness of heart or even God’s anger toward a certain group of people.
(Ephesians 4:31; Ephesians 4:26; Colossians 3:8; Romans 10:19; Psalm 103:8; Colossians 3:21; Mark 3:5; Daniel 9:16; Ecclesiastes 7:9; Proverbs 27:4; Proverbs 15:1; Psalm 85:5).
- ANNOYED: Being annoyed could mean that you are feeling angry or irritated by nagging problems in life. Being annoyed in a dream could mirror the annoyances you feel in your waking life that you need to deal with.
Positive: Feeling annoyed in a dream could represent that God is purposely provoking you to get out of your comfort zone to do His will. It may also represent God showing you that you have a short fuse and need to develop more patience.
Negative: Dreaming of being annoyed could symbolize that there are things in your life that need to be dealt with. If you are annoying someone in a dream it could represent that you need to cast your cares upon the Lord.
(Exodus 34:7; 2 Samuel 16:13; Psalm 78:38; Deuteronomy 9:8).
- ANOINTING: Anointing is to smear or rub with oil often as a religious ritual.
Positive: Dreaming of anointing could represent being set apart, a divine appointment in service, prayer for the sick, or sanctification.
Negative: Anointing in a dream could symbolize a religious spirit or being anointed by the wrong leadership.
(James 5:14; 2 Chronicles 22:7; 1 John 2:20,27; 2 Corinthians 1:21; Exodus 28:41).
- ANXIETY: Anxiety is a feeling of uneasiness, fear, or nervousness. Physical symptoms can accompany feelings of anxiety such as tension, sweating, increased pulse rate, and shortness of breath.
Positive: Dreaming that you are excitedly anxious or anticipatory could represent that God is revealing to you that something beautiful is going to manifest in your life soon.
Negative: To dream that you are suffering from anxiety could mean that God is revealing to you that you suffer from fear which is causing you to not trust God.
(Philippians 4:6-7; Romans 15:13; 1 John 4:18).
- ARROGANCE: Arrogance is the state of having an exaggerated perception of a person’s own abilities or importance.
Positive: In a dream, one’s past arrogance can symbolize their former state of mind before being renewed by Christ. It could also represent being delivered from past ways.
Negative: To dream of arrogance can represent a person who is deceived by their own perception of themselves. It could also be a warning of a potential fall if the arrogance in their heart is not removed.
(Ephesians 2:1-6; Galatians 6:3; Proverbs 16:18).
- APATHY: Apathy is a state of mind in which a person has a loss of interest, concern, motivation, or enthusiasm in specific as well as everyday matters.
Positive: Dreaming of apathy could represent that one no longer has any cares of the world and is focused on the things of the Kingdom.
Negative: In a dream, apathy could indicate one who has lost the zeal or love for God they once had.
(2 Corinthians 5:17; Colossians 3:10; Revelation 2:4-5; Proverbs 26:13; Hebrews 6:12).
- ASCENDING: Also Going Up. Ascending means to move up or rise spiritually, mentally, emotionally, or physically.
Positive: Dreaming that you are ascending may represent God elevating you in the Spirit or taking you to a new dimension in Him. If you dream of smoke or incense rising it could represent praise to the Father’s nostrils. Ascension could represent Jesus being high and lifted up.
Negative: Dreaming of ascending could denote that you are being lifted up in spiritual or celestial pride. It could represent that you are haughty or high-minded. If you dream of someone resurrecting from a grave it could symbolize the old man or flesh resurrecting in one’s life.
(Ephesians 4:10; Revelation 8:4; John 1:51; Acts 2:34; Psalm 57:5; Matthew 10:8).
- ATTACKING: Attacking means to come against something or someone in a forceful way whether it is physically or verbally. There can also be spiritual attacks.
Positive: Dreaming of an attack could represent that God has given you victory over your enemies. It could also represent that you are actively coming against an issue that has been hindering you. It could also be showing you wisdom on how to combat impending danger.
Negative: If you are attacking in a dream, it could symbolize that you are harboring negative emotions toward someone or something and it could lead to disaster. If you are being attacked, it could signify that someone is coming after your character through slander or physical violence. Dreaming of an upcoming attack could represent impending spiritual or satanic warfare.
(Genesis 20:3; Numbers 25:16-18; James 4:1; Deuteronomy 28:7; Matthew 27:17-20).
- AWAKENING: Awakening is to cease from sleeping and to wake up.
Positive: Dreaming of awakening could be symbolic of discernment, being attentive to the wiles of the devil, watchman, sober, or being stimulated to act.
Negative: In a dream, awakening could symbolize that you are looking for spiritual fulfillment in the wrong places.
(Ephesians 5:14; Romans 13:11-14).
- BABYSITTING: Babysitting is to care for children usually during a short absence of the parents.
Positive: Dreaming that you are babysitting could indicate God has called you to mentor, watch over, guard, or oversee those who are younger or less mature than you. If you are being babysat in a dream, it could represent that God has called another to mentor you. God may be showing you a spiritual father He wants you to learn from. A babysitting dream could also represent a children’s ministry.
Negative: In a dream, being babysat could indicate that you are immature and cannot be trusted to complete tasks on your own.It could indicate a poor work ethic or one who is overprotective.
(Proverbs 22:6; Proverbs 27:17; 1 Corinthians 4:15; Genesis 4:9).
- BAKING: Baking is to cook by dry heat, especially in an oven.
Positive: Dreaming of baking cold represent hospitality, God’s provision, or worship.
Negative: To see a dream of burnt baked goods could represent an area of your life where you are neglectful or not paying attention to what you are seeing or listening to and that could have a negative impact on you spiritually.
(Genesis 25:34; Leviticus 26:26; Leviticus 23:17).
- BAPTISM: A baptism is a Christian act by which one is purified and sanctified in water in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
Positive: In a dream, baptism could symbolize the burial of old lifestyle, total submersion in something, repentance, preparation for the coming Kingdom, inner conversion, or being overwhelmed by the Holy Spirit.
Negative: If you refuse to be baptized in a dream, it could indicate that your spiritual walk is deteriorating or you are a man pleaser.
(Matthew 3:9; Mark 10:38; Romans 6:9; 1 Peter 3; Acts 2:17-18).
- BATHING: Bathing is a washing or soaking of all or part of the body in order to cleanse oneself.
Positive: Dreaming of bathing could represent cleansing, repentance, totally clean, purification, ceremonial cleansing, Jewish ritual before priesthood duties, or sanctification.
Negative: Dreaming of bathing could represent temptation.
(Ezekiel 37:9; Exodus 30:19-31; Leviticus 14:8; Leviticus 16:4,24; John 13:10).
- BEGGING FOR ALMS: Begging for alms is to ask for as a charity.
Positive: In a dream, begging for alms could represent asking God for His provision, becoming broken before the Lord, needs being met by God by seeking the Kingdom first, charity, or compassion.
Negative: To see someone or yourself begging for alms in a dream, it could symbolize that the enemy wanting you to be poverty stricken, the devil wanting your helpers to betray you, having a poverty-mindset, deception, or a wolf in sheep’s clothing.
(2 Peter 1:3; Job 38:41; Matthew 6:33; Matthew 25:40; Matthew 7:15).
- BLEEDING: Bleeding occurs when the body is wounded or cut and blood flows out of the body.
Positive: Bleeding in a dream could represent sacrifice. Blood could also symbolize a covenant, purging, and overcoming victory.
Negative: Dreaming of bleeding may also symbolize being wounded or hurt naturally or emotionally. Bleeding could represent being offended or in strife. It could indicate a spiritual death or gossip.
(Psalm 147:3; Proverbs 18:8; Leviticus 17:11; Leviticus 15:25).
- BLOOMING: Blooming means to blossom or flourish and come into the full maturity of a thing.
Positive: When dreaming of something blooming, it could represent something that is maturing or flourishing in your life. The promises of God may be coming into fruition.
Negative: In a dream, seeing something that is not blooming, withering, or decaying could represent that you need to allow God to cut off the dead branches before something new can bloom.
(John 10:10; Psalm 92:12; Isaiah 40:8; 1 Corinthians 9:25; John 15:6).
- BOILING: Boiling is when water reaches a temperature where it begins to change to a vapor. In a dream, boiling usually represents negative emotions such as anger. It could also represent people being livened or ready.
Positive: Dreaming of boiling could represent excitement or being on fire for the work of God. Boiling could also represent being ready or being complete and ready to move on to the next step.
Negative: To dream of boiling water could represent that you have anger that is not controlled. It could also represent that you’ve been holding your thoughts or emotions in for too long and they are going to burst.
(Jeremiah 20:9; Genesis 44:18; Numbers 11:1; Isaiah 42:25).
- BOOING: Booing is the act of audibly disapproving of something.
Positive: Dreaming of others booing you while you are doing God’s Will could represent the persecution you will face to work with God. Getting booed and ignoring it could represent that your mind is set above the opinions of men.
Negative: In a dream, getting booed and taking offense to it could represent that you are seeking verification from others. It could also symbolize that you face embarrassment or shame in your daily life.
(John 15:18; Galatians 1:10; John 12:43; Isaiah 50:7).
- BOREDOM: Boredom is the state of being weary and restless due to a lack of interest. Boredom can cause you to become slothful and lazy
Positive: Dreaming of being bored could represent having no interest in worldly things which could indicate God working on your heart.
Negative: If you are bored in a dream, it could represent something stagnant in your life. IT could also symbolize that you are slothful or lazy in your work.
(Proverbs 19:15; Colossians 3:23; Proverbs 4:23; Proverbs 13:4; 2 Thessalonians 3:10).
- BOWING: Bowing is to bend one’s head and/or knees in submission as an act of honor or reverence. Bowing is described in the Bible several times and is also used in times of worship to God. Getting on one’s knees could represent worship, submission, surrender, victory, or repentance.
Positive: Dreaming of bowing before the Lord could represent submission in your heart to God. Seeing yourself bow down could represent giving honor where it is due. It could also represent victory being won from God.
Negative: Dreaming of yourself bowing to a statue, image, or other person could represent idolatry. It could also represent deception or defeat if you are bowing to the devil.
(Nehemiah 8:6; Romans 14:11; 1 Chronicles 29:20; Leviticus 26:1; Matthew 4:9; Psalm 62:3).
- BOXING: Boxing is the art of attack and defense with the fists practiced as a sport.
Positive: In a dream, boxing could represent striving, preaching, deliverance, or the power of God.
Negative: Boxing someone in a dream could represent trials and tribulations or an upcoming attack from the enemy.
(2 Timothy 4:7; 1 Corinthians 9:25-26).
- BROADCASTING: Broadcasting is to send out or transmit by using a radio, television, or streaming over the internet.
Positive: Operating a broadcast could mean that you have a desire to get the Word of God out to the people. It could also represent spiritual warfare. If you are broadcasting something to several networks, it could mean that God is calling you to be a prophet to the nations. Broadcasting could represent evangelism.
Negative: If you dream that you are broadcasting and no one is viewing or listening, it could mean that your voice isn’t being heard and you need to change your message.
(Jeremiah 1:5; Mark 16:15; Matthew 28:19).
- BROKEN SPIRITED: Having a broken spirit could mean that a person is feeling sad or down. The Bible talks about having a broken spirit and contrite heart which can represent true repentance.
Positive: Dreaming of having a broken spirit may represent true repentance is taking place in one’s life. It could also mean that the Lord is close to a person in that season in their life. A broken spirit could represent change and an open or receptive heart.
Negative: Having a broken spirit in a dream may represent one going through a rough time in life. It could also mean heartache and the need for comfort from the Lord. It could represent pain and depression that needs to be healed by the Lord.
(Psalm 51:17; Psalm 34:18; Psalm 147:3; Proverbs 15:13).
- BUILDING: Building is to create different structures or items by hand. It is usually a strenuous activity and is referenced biblically literally and through parables. Dreaming that you are building could represent covenants with God, wisdom, a lack of wisdom, spiritual growth, promotion, labor, or a firm foundation.
Positive: To dream that you are building a temple or other structure could represent an opportunity for covenant with God. If you dream of a church being built upon a rock, it could symbolize protection from warfare and a firm foundation in Christ. Building could represent God’s grace on your life.
Negative: If you dream about building a house and the weather destroys the house, it could indicate a lack of wisdom. Dreaming of building a house on the sand could also indicate a lack of wisdom. If you see someone tearing down a building it could represent foolishness.
(Ephesians 2:20; 1 Kings 6:11-12; Matthew 16:18; 1 Corinthians 3:10-11; Matthew 7:26-27; Proverbs 14:1).
- BURSTING: Bursting is to break open usually from impact or pressure within. It could also be figurative, as in “my heart is bursting with joy.”
Positive: To dream of something bursting could represent the Holy Spirit being in motion. It could also represent a breakthrough in spite of opposition.
Negative: Dreaming of bursting could represent that one is trying to mix the things of the world with the things of God and it is going to blow up in their face.
(Mark 2:22; Jeremiah 20:9; John 16:12; Matthew 9:17; Luke 5:37).
- BUYING: Buying means to exchange money for a good or service. Buying is a biblical concept and according to the Bible, we are able to buy things physically and spiritually.
Positive: Dreaming of buying something could represent that the item you bought is valuable to you. Buying in a dream could be God showing you what or how much of something to be in the natural realm. Dreaming of buying could represent a spiritual exchange for example sacrificing something and receiving a blessing. Buying in a dream could also represent honor, the currency of Heaven.
Negative: Dreaming of buying something illegally could represent going outside of God’s will in your life and being rebellious. If you trade money for a person or a soul, it could represent betrayal. Selling your soul in a dream could represent dealings with the devil and the need to turn back to God. Buying prostitution could indicate a lust problem in one’s life.
(2 Samuel 24:24; Matthew 13:46; 1 Chronicles 21:25-26; Job 28:12-13; 2 Kings 5:26; Matthew 27:3).
- CHASING: Chasing is to pursue something earnestly.
Positive: Dreaming of chasing something could represent a passionate pursuit of God in your life.
Negative: Chasing someone or being chased in a dream could represent your enemies working against you.
(Psalm 27:2; Deuteronomy 4:29; 1 Chronicles 16:11; Jeremiah 29:13).
- CHEWING: Chewing is to crush, grind, or gnaw with teeth.
Positive: In a dream, if you are chewing it could represent meditating or receiving wisdom and understanding.
Negative: Dreaming of chewing bubblegum could represent being childish or foolishness. Chewing tough meat could represent difficult or hard work.
(1 Timothy 4:15; Psalm 49:3; Proverbs 24:9; Revelation 2:7).
- CHOKING: Choking is to produce the feeling of strangulation.
Positive: In a dream, choking could be God showing you that you need to stop doing something before it has a negative effect on you.
Negative: Choking in a dream could be a hindrance, too much too fast, hatred, obstacle, opposite of breathing in the Holy Spirit, stumbling, anger, or unfruitfulness.
(Mark 4:19; Genesis 3:14; 1 Samuel 14:11; Leviticus 22:5; Ezekiel 8:10).
- COOKING: Cooking is the action of preparing food for consumption. Preparing food is mentioned several times throughout the Bible.
Positive: Dreaming of cooking could represent nourishment or preparation. It could symbolize God showing you the need to express your creative side or communion with Him.
Negative: If you dream that you are having trouble or difficulties cooking could represent that you are trying too hard to do things your own way. Cooking could also symbolize scheming and devising something. Cooking could represent the work of the flesh.
(Proverbs 31:27-28; John 21:9-10; 1 Corinthians 9:31; Genesis 25:29-31; 2 Kings 4:39-40).
- CRAWLING: Crawling is to move on one’s hands and knees.
Positive: If you are crawling in a dream, it could represent God giving you humility.
Negative: Crawling on the ground in a dream could represent being unclean, to be cursed, disgraced, snake, idol worship, still being a babe in Christ, or impaired.
(Genesis 3:14; 1 Samuel 14:11; Leviticus 22:5; Ezekiel 8:10).
- CRYING: Crying is to shed tears often noisily. It is important to note the dreamer’s feelings while crying.
Positive: If you are crying in a dream it could symbolize repentance, prayer, humility, or tears of joy.
Negative: In a dream, crying could represent grief, sorrow, anguish, judgment, or sadness.
(Mark 9:24; Psalm 34:6).
- DANCING: Dancing is the act of moving one’s body rhythmically to music.
Positive: In a dream, dancing could represent worship, spiritual sacrifice, joy, rejoicing, return of a son, or victory.
Negative: Dreaming of dancing could represent idolatry, seduction, or actions that are evil and sensual.
(Psalm 30:11; Psalm 149:3; 1 Samuel 18:6-7; Exodus 32:19; 2 Samuel 6:14; Luke 15:21-25; Matthew 11:16-17; Judges 11:34).
- DIGESTION: Digestion is a function of the body that helps rid toxins and waste products. It also is the process of breaking down food and nutrients that are needed and absorbed by the body.
Positive: Dreaming of digestion could represent a person being purged or cleansed through repentance. It could also represent digesting the Word of God and absorbing God’s Word.
Negative: Dreaming of indigestion could represent a person holding onto hindrances or things in their life that could be toxic naturally or spiritually.
(1 Corinthians 5:7; Psalm 51:7,10).
- DIGGING: Digging is the process where a tool or one’s hands are used to loosen dirt so that a hole is made for planting or building.
Positive: Digging could symbolize plowing for a great harvest or preparing for building up areas to make them prosperous. It could also represent that a person is being prepared to be pruned like a tree so it may flourish. Digging could also represent a person’s heart being processed.
Negative: Dreaming of digging could represent searching for the wrong type of knowledge which could lead to sin. It could also be using insulting words that dig into a person. People digging could represent trying to find information or faults against someone else. Digging could also represent trying to set a trap for someone.
(Amos 9:13-15; Luke 13:7-9; John 5:39; Genesis 3:6; Proverbs 12:8).
- DRESSING: Dressing is the act of putting clothes on one’s body.
Positive: Dreaming of getting dressed can represent preparation or being clothed in righteousness. Getting dressed in someone else’s clothing may represent your admiration for that person. Dressing in royal attire can mean putting on the armor of God. Dressing in white can represent being purified or cleansed.
Negative: Not getting dressed can symbolize being unprepared and a lack of seriousness to what you are supposed to do. Putting on dirty clothing can represent the uncleanliness of man.
(Romans 13:14; Galatians 3:27; Ephesians 6:11; Leviticus 16:32; Leviticus 21:10; Leviticus 5:3; Deuteronomy 23:10).
- DRINKING: Drinking is to consume a liquid through one’s mouth. Drinking can also refer to drinking alcohol.
Positive: Dreaming of drinking could represent fellowship as in wine and communion, drinking in the Holy Spirit, overcoming, or the cup of the crucified life. It could represent a spiritual impartation or refreshing.
Negative: If you are drinking heavily in a dream, it could represent consuming upon your own lust, being under the power of sorrow, affliction, or idolatry. Drinking could indicate spiritual dehydration and the need to be filled with the Holy Spirit.
(Acts 2:13; Jeremiah 2:18; Jeremiah 51:7; Isaiah 29:9-11; Ezekiel 23:33; Revelation 14:8-10; Deuteronomy 32:4; Zechariah 9:15-17).
- DROWNING: Drowning is to suffocate as a result of being submerged under water.
Positive: Dreaming of drowning could represent overcoming or being overtaken by the Holy Spirit.
Negative: In a dream, drowning could symbolize self-pity, depression, grief, being in debt, suffering, or the temptation to backslide.
(1 Timothy 6:9; Revelation 12:15-16; Isaiah 61:3).
- DYING: Dying is the end of life. The dreamer should watch to see if there is resurrection on the other side of the death.
Positive: Dreaming of dying may represent dying to self, bad traits passing away from your life, or the removal ungodly relationships.
Negative: If you or someone dies in a dream, it could represent something good passing away or departing from your life or the physical death of person in the dream.
(Revelation 14:13; 1 Thessalonians 4:13-14; John 11:25-26; 1 Corinthians 15:42-44).
- EATING: Eating is the act of consuming food. In the Bible, eating is referred to naturally and spiritually as in consuming the Word of God or Jesus as the bread of life.
Positive: Eating may symbolize an experience, covenant, or agreement. It could also represent the act of partaking, friendship, fellowship, consuming wisdom, meditation, or digesting the Word of God. Eating may represent being strengthened in the inner man and receiving the bounty that the world has to offer.
Negative: Dreaming of eating could symbolize consuming ungodliness, forbidden fruit, unclean foods, or gluttony. Dreaming of eating and being
unsatisfied after may represent a lack of relationship with God. It could also symbolize a spiritual or literal deficiency of nourishment.
(Genesis 2:16-17, Jeremiah 15:16; Revelation 10:9-10; Luke 13:26; Deuteronomy 14:1-29; Matthew 11:18; Ezekiel 3:1-3; John 4:34; John 13:18; Acts 14:22; Philippians 2:12; Joshua 9:14-15; Proverbs 30:20; Romans 14:1-23).
- EFFORT: Effort is a determined attempt at exerting mental or physical energy in order to complete a task or a goal.
Positive: Dreaming of putting in effort to something exemplifies one who labors. It could indicate that you are putting work in for future breakthrough to come to pass. One who puts in effort shows that they have a heart to get something done.
Negative: Dreaming of a person who applies little to no effort in what they are doing may indicate that they lack zeal and pursuit, thus resulting in a longer time for breakthrough. It could represent one who does not co-labor with God.
(2 Timothy 2:15; 2 Peter 1:5,10; Hebrews 4:11; Romans 9:16).
- EMBARRASSMENT: Embarrassment is when someone is in a state of self-conscious distress usually after experiencing a socially unacceptable or laughable event witnessed by others.
Positive: Feeling embarrassed in your dream may symbolize humility, submission, and transparency. Embarrassment can also be seen as a form of submission. The humiliation that comes from embarrassment can be a way that God humbles you.
Negative: To dream of being embarrassed could represent that you seek the approval and acceptance of others over God. It could also represent doubt, lack of confidence, or loss of faith.
(Proverbs 29:25; Genesis 3:7-8; Genesis 9:22-23; 1 Samuel 20:34; 2 Samuel 19:5).
- ENGAGEMENT: Being engaged is the marriage proposal of a man to a woman with intent to wed. Usually, the an offers the woman a ring as a token of his commitment.
Positive: Dreaming of being engaged could represent commitment, promise, sexual or relationship needs, or desires for commitment.
Negative: Being engaged in a dream could represent one’s fleshly desires or putting their natural desires before the Kingdom.
(Luke 17:27; Matthew 22:30; Luke 20:35).
- ENTERING: Entering means to go into something or somewhere and having access to something. To enter could also mean to be involved with something. Note where the person is entering.
Positive: Dreaming of wind or breath entering someone could represent that they are being filled with the Spirit. If you are entering into the sanctuary of God, it could mean that He is giving you understanding about your destiny. If God shows you entering the Promised Land it could represent that He is giving you rest.
Negative: If you ream that you are being barred from entering a storehouse could represent having no access to supplies in the spiritual realm. If you are put in a waiting area before entering God’s sanctuary He may be showing you that you are not fully prepared or the timing isn’t right for something in your life. Entering a place of wickedness such as a bar or a club could represent temptation or lust in your life.
(Revelation 21:27; Revelation 11:11; Psalm 73:17; Psalm 95:11; Job 38:22; Revelation 15:8).
- EXERCISING: Exercising is the act of practicing something in order to develop or improve a capability or skill, often in regards to physical fitness.
Positive: Dreaming of exercise could symbolize that you are fit in the spirit It could also represent the condition of your heart.
Negative: A lack of exercise could represent a lack of activity in the spirit or connection to the Holy Ghost. It could also be a sign that your natural health is decreasing.
(Proverbs 17:22; Jeremiah 33:6; John 16:12; Proverbs 12:25; Exodus 23:25).
- FAILING: Also Losing. To fail means to not meet the goal that was set in place. It means that you haven’t achieved the reward that was intended to be gained.
Positive: Failing in a dream could indicate that God is trying to humble you. If your opponent is failing in a dream, that could mean God has given you the victory over opposition.
Negative: If you are failing a test in a dream, it could represent that you are not doing well in a certain area and you need to start applying yourself. Failing could also indicate laziness in one’s life.
(Judges 11:30; 1 Kings 8:56; Joshua 3:16).
- FALLING: Falling is to descend freely by gravity and can represent a natural or spiritual fall. It can represent stumbling in the spirit or being hindered.
Positive: Dreaming of falling could represent the power of God to change, falling and getting up, or gaining humility.
Negative: If you fall in your dream, it could be a warning about a fall into sin. It could represent being unsupported, a loss of support, a trial, succumbing, separation from God, backsliding, to be depraved, having an evil heart, being in bondage to Satan/sin, or being spiritually blind.
(John 3:6; Titus 1:15; Ephesians 4:18; Hebrews 2:14; Romans 3:12-16; Colossians 2:13; Proverbs 16:18; Micah 7:8).
- FEAR: Fear is a hostile emotion caused by the expectation of a threat or danger. There can also be a godly, reverential fear and it is important to know which one you are experiencing in a dream.
Positive: Dreaming of fear in a warning dream could be considered positive if it leads to obedience or repentance in a certain area. If a person of authority is shown in the dream, the emotion of fear could represent reverence.
Negative: Being fearful in a dream could be symbolic of impending danger or an indication that a person is in bondage. In a dream, fear could be a warning from God that if you don’t obey Him, something bad could happen.
(Matthew 10:28; Hebrews 11:7; 2 Timothy 1:7; Hebrews 2:15).
- FIGHTING: Dreaming of fighting usually represents spiritual warfare or an upcoming attack. It could also mean the dreamer’s faith is at war.
Positive: To dream of seeing someone fight could represent spiritual warfare or that you are fighting with the Word of God. If you are defeating your enemies in your dream it could represent endurance through several afflictions.
Negative: Dreaming of fighting could symbolize that you are battling against the flesh or worldly lusts.
(1 Timothy 6:12; Revelation 2:16; Psalm 27:2; Joshua 10:19; Hebrews 10:32; Psalm 13:2).
- FLIRTING: Flirting is to behabe amorously without serious intent or to show superficial or casual interest or liking.
Positive: In a dream, flirting could indicate friendliness or a desire for an intimate relationship.
Negative: Dreaming of flirting can represent a lustful and Jezebel spirit. It could represent manipulation and seduction in order for a person to get what they want. Flirting can represent the desire to satisfy one’s flesh.
(Matthew 5:28; Proverbs 6:24-25; 1 Corinthians 6:18).
- GARDENING: Gardening is to do work in a garden such as cultivating, planting, weeding, reaping, etc.
Positive: Dreaming of gardening could symbolize an increase, work, ministry, church, pleasant, fruitfulness, prosperity, pastime, or field of labor.
Negative: Gardening could represent planting the wrong seeds into one’s life.
(Genesis 2:8; Isaiah 51:3; Isaiah 58:11; Jeremiah 2:21; 1 Timothy 4:14-15).
- GOING THROUGH A DOOR: Going through a door means to walk through a door as a way to get through to a room or the outdoors. Pay attention to what is on the other side of the door.
Positive: Dreaming of going through a door could represent upcoming changes, new opportunities, new advancements being on the way, entering
into a deeper relationship with God through Jesus, or entering into something that no man can stop.
Negative: Going through a door could represent entering in to sin or entering into judgment.
(Revelation 3:8; Matthew 7:7; John 10:9; James 5:9).
- HAGGLING: To haggle is to dispute or bargain persistently, especially over the cost of something.
Positive: Dreaming of haggling could represent God giving you favor to gain something He wants you to have. It could also symbolize the power to increase your substance. It could be God looking for a way to bring mercy into your life and to pay for your sins.
Negative: In a dream, haggling could represent the enemy trying to bargain with God over your soul or Satan trying to rightfully take something away from your life to destroy you.
(Ephesians 6:18; 1 Thessalonians 4:10; Luke 22:31).
- HEARING: Hearing is the reception of sound in one’s ears. Hearing is also spiritual, meaning one can hear within their spirit but not necessarily with the physical ears and vice versa.
Positive: To dream of hearing a voice could represent the voice of a member of the Godhead speaking to you. It could also represent faith being built or a seed being sown in your heart. Hearing could also represent obedience or healing.
Negative: Dreaming of being hard of hearing or deaf in a dream could represent a hardened heart or being unwilling to receive. Not hearing everything in a dream could represent hearing what one wants to hear or manifestations of the heart.
(Acts 9:7-8; Job 33:8; Romans 10:17; Galatians 3:2; Psalms 49:1; Luke 7:22; Exodus 7:13; Hebrews 3:15; Proverbs 28:9; Hebrews 5:11; Ecclesiastes 1:8).
- HIDING: Hiding is the act of seeking protection or remaining out of sight.
Positive: Dreaming of hiding could represent being under God’s divine protection from evil intentions or being under God’s covering.
Negative: To hide in a dream could represent purposely avoiding a confrontation in which you are wrong or denial of facts.
(Psalm 91:1; Psalm 119:114; Genesis 3:10).
- HIJACKING: Hijacking is the unlawful act of an individual forcefully taking over a plane, ship, or vehicle. Hijacking could also be interpreted metaphorically as stealing something like an idea.
Positive: If God gives you a dream of hijacking one of your enemy’s cars or vehicles, it could represent that the kingdom of Satan is losing its power. You could be hijacking Satan’s plans for your life through God.
Negative: Dreaming of being hijacked could represent the enemy coming to attack or steal from you. Dreaming of a person hijacking something could represent that that person has the character to betray.
(Matthew 11:12; John 13:27).
- HUGGING: Also Embracing. Hugging or embracing is the act of holding another person in your arms either affectionately and passionately or as a greeting or indication of friendship.
Positive: To dream of two people hugging in your dream could represent a strong bond, love, or spiritual connection the people share. To dream of embracing your spouse or significant other may symbolize the bond or relationship you share. If Jesus or the Father hug you in your dream it can represent the infallible love, compassion, and acceptance they have for you.
Negative: If you dream of a half-hearted or visibly deceitful hug, it may represent your dislike or distrust to the person you are embracing. A cold hug may also symbolize jealousy, resentment, or hate. Hugging an unknown person could mean that someone is trying to make you lower your guard so they can trick or deceive you. A hug with an enemy may represent betrayal, attack, or persecution.
(Genesis 29:13; Genesis 33:4; Exodus 9:2; 1 Samuel 18:1; 2 Kings 4:16; Proverbs 4:8; Acts 20:10; Proverbs 5:20; Ecclesiastes 3:5; Hebrews 11:13).
- INJECTING: Injecting is the process of inserting a substance into something else via a syringe. It most commonly refers to medication being injected into a person.
Positive: Dreaming of an injection could indicate a healing or a cure. It could symbolize new peace, deliverance, or a change agent in one’s life.
Negative: Dreaming of an injection that does not work could indicate an incurable or helpless situation or individual. Dreaming of injections could also indicate demonic activity and minds being blinded.
(Luke 9:1; Jeremiah 33:6; Matthew 17:18; Jeremiah 46:11; Hosea 5:13; 2 Chronicles 21:18).
- INTIMIDATING: Intimidating is the act of making one timid or fearful. It could also mean to compel someone to do something through threats.
Positive: Dreaming of not being intimidated by an enemy could indicated that you have the heart to endure persecution for the sake of the Gospel. It could also represent that the Lord has given you strength.
Negative: Dreaming of intimidating someone could represent that you have no compassion for others and are manipulative. Dreaming of being intimidated could also indicate that you have a weakness and fear in your life.
(Ezekiel 34:4; 1 Peter 3:14; Acts 4:16-20).
- IRONING: Ironing is the process of pressing a fabric with a hot device to remove the wrinkles. Dreaming of ironing could represent God trying to remove one’s flaws.
Positive: Dreaming of ironing may represent correction, change, sanctification, exhortation, or instruction in righteousness. It could also symbolize God’s discipline, repentance, and work.
Negative: Ironing in a dream may represent caring too much about your outer appearance or being a man pleaser.
- ITCHING: Itching is the act of having an itch and scratching it or having a desire and fulfilling it. The word itching could symbolize judgment or fulfilling the cravings o the flesh.
Positive: Itching could represent unfinished business or things that you keep putting off but need to accomplish.
Negative: Uncontrollable itching in a dream could symbolize being under God’s judgment. It could also mean hearing only what you want to hear in order to rationalize your lusts and ungodly desires.
(Deuteronomy 29:27; 2 Timothy 4:3).
- JEALOUSY: Jealousy is the feeling of hostility toward a rival or one who has an advantage. Jealousy can represent spiritual immaturity and offense. It is a sign of being unthankful.
Positive: Dreaming of jealousy could be represent that God has zeal for your life. It could also be showing a godly jealousness that you have.
Negative: To dream of jealousy could show that you are provoking God’s anger against your life. You could be sinning against the Lord in some way. Dreaming of jealousy may also show that you are operating in this spirit.
(2 Corinthians 11:2; 1 Kings 14:22; Deuteronomy 32:6; Song of Solomon 8:6; Proverbs 6:34).
- JOGGING: See Running. Jogging is an action that is between a walk and a run. It is a slow run and in a dream could represent being lukewarm or half-hearted.
Positive: Suddenly jogging in a dream could represent gaining speed or consistency in an area of one’s life.
Negative: Dreaming of jogging may represent complacency or a lack of endurance or zeal for God. It could symbolize a hindrance, weight, or sin on your life that is preventing acceleration.
(Revelation 3:16; Hebrews 12:1; Isaiah 40:31).
- JOKING: Joking is something said or done to provoke laughter or jesting. It could also be known as something to not be taken seriously. Biblically, joking or jesting can represent something obscene, vulgar, or denoting a lack of reverence.
Positive: Dreaming of a light-hearted joke that causes one to laugh could represent the Lord showing that the dreamer needs joy. It may represent that the dreamer needs to laugh more.
Negative: If you dream of a joke, it could represent one who uses foolish speaking or speaking without understanding. If someone is joking or not taking the things of God seriously, it could represent that one lacks honor toward holy things.
(Ephesians 5:4; Proverbs 17:22; Genesis 21:6; Proverbs 15:13; Matthew 12:36; 1 Corinthians 15:33).
- JUMPING: Jumping could also be referred to as leaping which is often mentioned in the Bible and is symbolic of joy, faith, victory, and overcoming.
Positive: Dreaming of jumping could represent joy in one’s life. It is also related to worship and praise. Dreaming of jumping could represent being elevated by God.
Negative: Jumping could also represent an attack from the enemy.
(Acts 3:8; 1 Kings 18:26; 2 Samuel 6:16; Luke 6:23; Psalm 18:29; Luke 1:44; Acts 14:10; Acts 19:16; Luke 10:30).
- KICKING: Kicking is the act of striking out with the leg and foot.
Positive: Dreaming of kicking something could represent refuting the attack of the enemy.
Negative: To see yourself kicking or someone kicking you in a dream could represent threatening, betrayal, rebellion, or persecution.
- KISSING: Kissing is to touch lips with another person and is often a gesture of intimacy or friendship. Kissing is a common greeting in some countries. Biblically, a kiss could also represent betrayal.
Positive: Dreaming of kissing could represent agreement, a covenant, or friendship with someone. It could also represent intimacy or showing love to a person.
Negative: Dreaming of kissing may also symbolize enticement, betrayal, breaking a covenant, deception, or seduction.
(Psalm 2:12; Proverbs 7:10; Luke 22:48; 2 Samuel 20:9-10; Mark 14:44-45; Song of Solomon 1:2; Proverbs 27:6).
- KNEELING: Kneeling is the act of getting down on one’s knees. Kneeling is often seen as an act of submission.
Positive: Dreaming of kneeling could represent submission, worship, prayer, or total surrender.
Negative: If you kneel down in a dream it could represent succumbing or surrendering to the enemy.
(Daniel 6:10; Psalm 95:6; Mark 10:17; Acts 20:36).
- LAUGHING: Laughing is the act of showing emotion with a chuckle or loud sound. Laughing usually accompanies joy or something funny.
Positive: Laughing in a dream could represent rejoicing, the joy of worship and walking with God, or spiritual medicine.
Negative: If you hear laughing in a dream it could represent sarcasm or pride.
(Psalm 59:8; Job 5:20; Genesis 18:11-15; 2 Chronicles 30:10; Proverbs 1:26; Proverbs 17:22).
- LAUNDRY: Laundry is described as someone’s personal clothes that are either clean or need to be washed.
Positive: To dream of laundry may symbolize cleansing or washing that God wants to do in your heart or character.
Negative: Dreaming of laundry being dirty or smelly may represent areas in your life that need to be worked on, purified, or cleansed. It may be a season where God is trying to highlight “dirty” areas in your character and cleanse you in that area.
(Zechariah 3:4-5; Malachi 3:2; Psalm 51:2; Numbers 8:21).
- LAYING DOWN: Laying down is to lie flat on something usually to rest.
Positive: Dreaming of laying down could represent a season of rest, peace, safety, reassurance in the Lord, or laying down your life for the Lord.
Negative: If you are laying down in a dream it could represent that you have given up or are spiritually dead.
(Psalm 4:8; Proverbs 3:24; Luke 9:23-24; Hebrews 12:1).
- LEADING: Leading is the act of being a leader. It is described as a desired virtue and requires traits like courage and determination. God is always looking to bless leaders and their work.
Positive: Dreaming of leading may be symbolic of being led by God. Any time you are being led by God it is the right direction. Dreaming of a leader may be God showing you that He trusts this person.
Negative: In a dream, leading can be used to symbolize that one is being led or manipulated in the wrong direction. The dream may symbolize that one is not stepping up and doing their job or that one is leading others down the wrong path.
(Exodus 13:21; Exodus 32:34; Deuteronomy 32:12; Psalm 5:8).
- LEANING: Leaning means to deviate from a position, placement, view, or opinion. Leaning could have a negative or positive connotation.
Positive: Dreaming of a person or an object leaning could indicate trust, love, and support. It could also represent love or friendship.
Negative: Seeing someone or something leaning could represent that that person or thing needs support. It could also represent leaning or deviating from what you know is right.
(2 Kings 18:21; Judges 16:26; 2 Samuel 3:29; Hebrews 11:21).
- LEAVING: Leaving means to exit, go away from, or depart from somewhere. It could also mean to leave something somewhere.
Positive: To dream of leaving somewhere or someone could represent that you are moving on and leaving your worldly past for a godly future. Leaving can symbolize change or new things that are happening in your life.
Negative: Dreaming of leaving could represent leaving God or exiting a place where He brought you. Dreaming of someone leaving you somewhere alone could represent being forsaken. It could also symbolize the Holy Spirit departing from you.
(2 Corinthians 5:17; 1 Corinthians 7:15).
- LIFTING: See Lifting Hands. Lifting something is to pick it up with your arms and hold it or carry it to another location.
Positive: Dreaming of lifting or being lifted could represent the Lord raising you up, being elevated in the Spirit, redemption, lifting you out, resurrection, or lifting up the Lord.
Negative: If you are lifted or someone else is lifted up in a dream, it could represent pride or the exaltation of something over God.
(James 4:10; Ephesians 2:6; Luke 21:28; Acts 9:41).
- LIFTING HANDS: Lifting hands is the act of raising one’s arms up above their head. It is usually an act of worship or surrender.
Positive: Dreaming of lifting your hands could represent worship and adoration, praise, or total surrender to God.
Negative: Lifting your hands in a dream could also represent surrendering to the enemy or pleading guilty to something.
(Psalm 141:2; Revelation 10:5; 1 Timothy 2:8, Nehemiah 8:6).
- LISTENING: Listening means to pay attention to sound or hearing something with thoughtful attention. In a dream, listening could represent hearing the Word of God.
Positive: Dreaming of listening could be a sign that one is adhering to the Lord’s instruction in a season. It could also show that one has an ear to hear the voice of God. It could also represent the Lord hearing your prayers.
Negative: To listen in a dream could represent that one allows gossip to filter through one’s ears. It could also show that one is listening to the wrong teaching or direction or that one is not listening to God or wise counsel.
(James 1:19; Romans 10:17; Jeremiah 33:3; Revelation 2:7; Psalm 116:1-2; Proverbs 19:27; Proverbs 18:2).
- LOWERING HANDS: Lowering hands is the act of bringing one’s arms down to their sides.
Positive: Dreaming of lowering hands could represent humbling and confessing yourself to the Lord or performing in healing.
Negative: Lowering your hands in a dream could symbolize a lack of courage or faith. It could also symbolize grief or sadness.
(Psalm 7:3; Matthew 9:18; Jeremiah 47:3; Exodus 17:11; Hebrews 12:12).
- MASTURBATION: Masturbation is the erotic stimulation of one’s own genitalia for sexual pleasure.
Positive: Dreaming of masturbating could represent one’s sexual desires.
Negative: Self-love, selfishness, self-gratification, pride
(Philippians 2:3; Proverbs 11:2).
- MOVING: Moving is to change locations whether it is with your job, your school, or your home.
Positive: Dreaming of moving could represent a change in ministry or in the natural, moving onto better things, or God taking you to a deeper level.
Negative: In a dream, moving could symbolize a dissatisfaction with where you are or a warning of complacency and the need to move.
(Ezekiel 12:3; Genesis 11:31; Genesis 12:1-3; Acts 7:2-4).
- OBEDIENCE: Obedience is the act of submitting to the command or will of a governing figure in a position of authority.
Positive: Dreaming that you are being obedient could represent that God is pleased with you. It may also represent that God is preparing you for an upcoming scenario which will require absolute obedience.
Negative: In a dream, disobedience could represent that you are displeasing the Father with your behavior. God may be putting conviction in your heart to not disobey Him so that you will be preserved in the future.
(John 14:15; 1 John 5:3; John 14:23; John 8:51; John 15:10; Hebrews 5:8).
- OVERSLEEPING: Oversleeping is when you sleep longer than intended or longer than you are supposed to. Oversleeping also leads to being late or missing something important.
Positive: Dreaming of oversleeping could represent God giving you rest or the need to take a break.
Negative: If you oversleep in a dream, it could symbolize the danger of missing a divine appointment, slothfulness, not taking important things seriously, pride, and immaturity.
(Proverbs 20:13; Ephesians 5:4; Matthew 11:28).
- PAINTING: Also Drawing. Painting is an art technique that applies color usually to a canvas or for redecorating homes.
Positive: Dreaming of painting could represent a protective covering, regeneration, remodeling, renovation, transformation, love, or beauty.
Negative: To see painting in a dream could represent covering up something or secrecy.
(1 Peter 4:8; Matthew 23:27; Titus 3:5; Acts 18:24).
- PARACHUTING: Parachuting is to safely descend from a high place by means of parachute, often from an airplane.
Positive: In a dream, parachuting could represent leaving your comfort zone, time to give something up, or God’s divine protection.
Negative: Dreaming of parachuting and the parachute does not open could represent that you are making a hasty decision with no back up plan.
- PLAYING: Playing is to participate in a game or recreational activity either alone or with others.
Positive: Playing could represent worship, true worship, spiritual warfare, striving, being like a child, innocence, relaxation, or rest.
Negative: Dreaming of playing could symbolize idolatry, covetousness, competition, trickery, or deceitfulness.
(1 Corinthians 9:24; 1 Corinthians 10:7; Colossians 3:5).
- PLAYING AN INSTRUMENT: Playing an instrument is the act of producing sound from a device used to make music, for example a piano, guitar, harp, etc.
Positive: Dreaming of playing an instrument could represent prophesying, praising and worshiping the Lord, warring in the Spirit, soothing the soul, activity or action that proceeds from the heart, joy, praise, or ministry of the gifts of the Spirit.
Negative: In a dream, playing an instrument could represent worship of self, temptation to sin, being mesmerized by the flesh, seduction, or entertainment that is not of God.
(Ezekiel 33:32; Daniel 3:5; Isaiah 5:1; Jeremiah 7:34; 1 Corinthians 9:24; Genesis 31:27; Matthew 9:18; Exodus 15:20-21).
- POKING: Poking is to stir or urge by prodding or jabbing. Note what or who is being poked in the dream.
Positive: Poking in a dream could symbolize the resolution to a problem or a direction change to get your attention.
Negative: Dreaming of poking could be an implication that you should focus on your own problems/issues instead of others’. It could also represent that there is something in your life that keeps annoying you and you need to deal with it.
(Acts 9:5; Acts 12:7; Exodus 8:19; Luke 11:20).
- PUNCHING: Punching is the act of striking with a forward thrust especially of the fist.
Positive: In a dream, punching could represent overcoming a devil, hindrance, or obstacle, freedom, deliverance, or advancement.
Negative: Dreaming of punching could represent an attack from the enemy or getting knocked down.
(1 Corinthians 9:26; Psalm 144:1; 1 Timothy 6:12; Proverbs 25:18).
- PURGING: Purging means to make free of something undesirable. It often deals with cleansing of sin, but could also indicate an eating disorder.
Positive: Dreaming of purging could represent spiritual purification or a person’s cleansing process. It may symbolize that one is getting rid of character traits that are harmful such as pride or offense through repentance.
Negative: To dream of being purged from good character qualities could represent being used by the enemy. If you dream of binging and purging (bulimia) it could represent self-consciousness and not being secure in who God made you.
(Hebrews 1:3; Hebrews 9:14; Mark 7:19; Hebrews 10:2; 1 Corinthians 5:7; John 15:2; Matthew 3:12; 2 Timothy 2:2).
- PUSHING: Pushing is to press against with force in order to drive or impel. It could be positive if someone is pushing you toward godly goals or negative if you are being pushed toward wickedness.
Positive: Dreaming of pushing could indicate that the Lord is pushing you further or nearer to His will. It could also symbolize deliverance, healing, salvation, victory, or a reward.
Negative: Dreaming of pushing or being pushed could represent one being too pushy, being pushed away from godliness, or succumbing to peer pressure.
(Deuteronomy 33:17; Daniel 8:4; Job 30:12).
- RACING: Racing is to go, move, or function at a top speed or out of control, often in a competitive way.
Positive: Racing in a dream could symbolize encouragement, motivation to obtain the heavenly treasures waiting to be won, or God bringing you back on track.
Negative: Dreaming of racing could symbolize competition, jealousy, insecurity, being unprepared and having to rush, or procrastination.
(1 Corinthians 9:24; Ecclesiastes 9:11; Hebrews 12:1).
- RAINING: Raining is the act of water falling from the atmosphere in drops of condensed vapor.
Positive: In a dream, raining could symbolize God’s blessings, God’s work and Spirit being poured out, life, revival, or the Holy Spirit.
Negative: Seeing rain in a dream could represent a trial, disappointment, gloom, depression, or the need to put your faith in God’s plans.
(Zechariah 10:1; Isaiah 55:10-11; Matthew 7:27; Jeremiah 3:3).
- RAPE: Rape is unlawful sexual activity carried out forcibly or under threat against a person’s will. It represents something violating and someone misusing power.
Negative: Dreaming of rape may represent violating a person’s will, abusing authority, revenge, murder, a demonic attack, demonic entities, a spiritual attack, or perversion. If you are being raped in a dream, it may represent something being stolen from you.
(2 Samuel 13:12-16; James 4:1-4; Ephesians 6:12; 1 Peter 5:8; Proverbs 6:26; Deuteronomy 22:25-26).
- READING: Reading can be symbolic of a person who is looking for more knowledge. It could symbolize receiving knowledge needed to make a decision.
Positive: To dream of reading the Bible is symbolic of being washed in the Word of God. It could represent understand, spiritual revelation, or meditation.
Negative: Being unable to read could represent being spiritually blind and unable to understand or receive the truth.
(Ephesians 5:26; Romans 10:17; Hosea 4:6; Matthew 13:11).
- REAPING: Reaping is to obtain a crop for harvest. Spiritually, this could represent reaping a harvest of souls for the Kingdom of God or reaping spiritual fruits.
Positive: Dreaming of reaping may symbolize fruitfulness for acts, upright deeds being rewarded, righteousness, a harvest, or an upcoming blessing.
Negative: To dream of reaping could symbolize perverse or evil acts being rewarded or the enemy reaping a harvest that belongs to God or His people.
(Revelation 14:14-16; 1 Corinthians 9:11; Proverbs 22:8; Hosea 8:7; Galatians 6:8-9; Leviticus 26:5).
- REHEARSING: Rehearsing is the act of practicing something for perfection or mastery.
Positive: In a dream, rehearsing could represent a person who is striving to perfect or master a skill or gift. It could indicate that one has a heart to get things right.
Negative: Dreaming of missing a rehearsal or rehearsing lazily may indicate that a person is unprepared or doesn’t have the heart to get things right.
(Philippians 4:9; 1 Corinthians 9:25; 2 Corinthians 9:4).
- RENDING: Rending is to rip or tear something into pieces with force. In the Bible, rending of garments was an act done in mourning before a funeral to show grief.
Positive: Dreaming of rending could symbolize refreshing or relief.
Negative: Rending could also represent anger, deep grief, discord, disunity, too relaxed, not paying attention, or insolence.
(Matthew 7:6; Matthew 9:16; Luke 5:36; 1 Samuel 28:17, Psalm 132:8; Matthew 11:28-30).
- ROARING: Roaring is a full, deep, prolonged cried usually uttered by a lion or other large animal. It could represent a warning before destruction or a release of victory.
Positive: To hear roaring in a dream could represent that you are praising through to your breakthrough. It could also represent the voice of God and victory. Roaring could represent boldness in the face of adversity.
Negative: Dreaming of a roar behind you could represent that the enemy is behind you or God is placing His judgment on you.
(1 Chronicles 16:32; Job 37:4; Psalm 38:8; Psalm 104:21; Proverbs 28:1).
- ROCKING: Rocking is to move back and forth often in a chair, in a cradle, or on one’s feet.
Positive: Dreaming of rocking could represent something old, past memories, meditation, rest, retirement, prayer, soothing, and safety.
Negative: Rocking in a dream may represent double-mindedness, times of trouble, trials, or wavering faith.
(Jeremiah 6:16, James 1:6; Hebrews 10:23; Matthew 11:28).
- ROWING: Rowing is to propel a boat using oars.
Positive: Rowing a boat in a dream could represent work, working out life’s problems, earnest prayer, or spiritual labor.
Negative: If you are rowing in a dream it could symbolize working hard and not getting anywhere due to wrong motives.
(Mark 6:48; Philippians 2:30).
- RUNNING: Running is to go steadily by springing steps so that both feet leave the ground for an instant in each step. Pay attention to whether you are running toward or away from something in the dream.
Positive: To run in a dream could symbolize swiftness, striving, working out one’s salvation, or faith.
Negative: Dreaming of running could symbolize haste or a trial.
(1 Corinthians 9:24; Jeremiah 12:5; Proverbs 1:6; Revelation 9:9; 1 Corinthians 9:24; Isaiah 40:31).
- SCREECHING: A screech is a loud cry, typically released when a person is scared or experiencing pain.
Positive: Dreaming of a person screech with excitement could represent joy in one’s life.
Negative: Dreaming of someone screeching with fear could represent that one is in anguish or in need of God’s help.
(John 14:1; Psalm 71:23; Job 7:11).
- SEDUCTION: Seduction is the act of tempting one to typically be led astray to engaging in sexual behavior. Seduction is often a trait of a Jezebel spirit and a form of manipulation for one to get what they want.
Positive: Dreaming of someone seducing you and overcoming the temptation may represent being strong in the Lord.
Negative: Dreaming of being seduced could represent that you are weak and susceptible to deception in your life. It could represent that you are an easy target for the enemy and are overcome by your fleshly desires.
(Ephesians 4:14; 2 Timothy 2:22; Proverbs 7:5; Genesis 3:6).
- SELLING: Selling is to give up property or services to another person in exchange for money.
Positive: Selling something in a dream could represent God granting a blessing over one’s life, heavenly riches due to sacrifice and honoring the things of God, or wealth obtained in a season or situation.
Negative: Selling in a dream could also symbolize trying to escape God’s process, selling your soul, or giving up on something prematurely.
(Proverbs 31:24; Proverbs 11:26; Proverbs 23:23).
- SEWING CLOTHES: Sewing clothes is the action of fastening by stitches with either a needle and thread or a sewing machine.
Positive: Sewing clothes could represent diligence and obedience of a good wife or hardworking person, pleasing to the Lord, or repairing and correcting something.
Negative: Sewing old clothes instead of getting new ones could represent being in the wilderness or a spirit of poverty.
(Proverbs 31:22; Colossians 3:18).
- SEX: Sexual intercourse is the penetration of the vagina by the penis.
Positive: Dreaming of having sex could represent an agreement, covenant, love, unity, or fruitfulness and multiplication.
Negative: In a dream, having sex could also symbolize lust, being taken advantage of, fornication, or fleshly desires.
(1 Corinthians 6:15-16, 1 Corinthians 7:9; Matthew 5:28; Genesis 9:7).
- SHAKING: Shaking is to move something or someone irregularly to and fro. Pay attention to what is being shaken in the ream.
Positive: Dreaming of shaking could represent overcoming fears that have been hindering freedom or relationship with the Lord or getting out of your comfort zone.
Negative: Shaking in a dream could symbolize fear, timidity or something that has been held in is going to explode.
(Isaiah 7:2; Isaiah 24:13).
- SHARING: Sharing means to partake of something with another person or people. It could represent experiencing something or having something in common with someone else. Sharing could also mean distributing something to others.
Positive: Dreaming of sharing something with others can represent building trust among people. It can represent that you are not alone.
Negative: If you dream that you are sharing negative things with someone, such as gossip, it can mean that you are out of the will of God. Not sharing something can represent selfishness.
(Luke 6:38; Romans 12:13; Luke 3:11; 1 Timothy 6:18; Hebrews 13:16).
- SHAVING: Shaving is the act of removing a thin layer of something or to cut one’s hair close to the skin.
Positive: In a dream, shaving could symbolize purifying, cleansing, cleaning, or pruning.
Negative: Shaving in a dream may represent shorn of strength and power.
- SHOPPING: Shopping is to examine different goods or services with the intent to buy. Shopping could represent your consideration of ideas or choices. It could also represent searching for something.
Positive: Dreaming of shopping could symbolize weighing your options and carefully thinking about different ideas. It could also represent God blessing you naturally or spiritually.
Negative: To dream that you are going shipping could indicate that you are materialistic and care too much about worldly things. It could also indicate that a lack or dry season is coming.
(Matthew 7:7; 1 Kings 4:22; Jeremiah 42:14).
- SHOWERING: Showering is to bathe in a shower where the water sprays in a fine stream or drops. Showering in a dream can reveal things that are in the process of being cleansed and flushed out of your life.
Positive: Dreaming of taking a shower could represent cleansing, cleaning, purifying, blessing, and the Holy Spirit.
Negative: To dream of showering may symbolize focusing only on outward appearance, cleaning the outside while leaving the inside dirty, or a facade.
(Ezekiel 34:26; Isaiah 1:16; Psalm 51:10; Matthew 23:26).
- SKYDIVING: Skydiving is the sport of jumping from an airplane and freefalling before deploying a parachute.
Positive: Skydiving could represent things falling into place spiritually or naturally to manifest God’s will in one’s life.
Negative: Dreaming of skydiving could represent free-falling in life or giving up.
(Job 4:4; Jude 1:24; Proverbs 25:6).
- SLEEPING: Sleeping is a necessary process needed to restore the body’s energy each day. If you are sleeping in a dream it could represent receiving great rest. It could also represent being refreshed. On the other hand, sleeping could symbolize laziness.
Positive: To dream of yourself sleeping could represent that you have entered in to a season of rest. It could mean that you have worked hard and God is rewarding you with peace and supernatural rest.
Negative: Sleeping in a dream could represent laziness. It could also symbolize ungratefulness or laziness. Sleeping in a dream could mean that you are resting too much and need to focus more on work. Not being able to sleep could symbolize that you are distracted.
(Proverbs 3:24; Psalm 4:8; Psalm 23:2; Proverbs 21:25).
- SINGING: Singing is to deliver song and produce musical tones with the voice.
Positive: In a dream, singing could symbolize rejoicing, prayer, thanksgiving, jubilee, praise, and worship.
Negative: Singing in a dream could represent worshiping idols.
(Psalm 7:17; Psalm 9:2; James 5:13; Exodus 15:1; Isaiah 12:5).
- SITTING: Sitting is to rest on the buttocks, usually on a chair or couch.
Positive: Sitting could represent power, throne of authority, rule, rest, position, concentration, receiving, inner court of the temple, throne of God, mercy seat, or kingship of the Lord.
Negative: Dreaming of sitting could symbolize satanic powers, laziness, or slothfulness.
(Revelation 13:2, Psalm 1:1; Psalm 7:7; Job 23:3, 2 Chronicles 9:18; 2 Chronicles 19:8; Matthew 17:19; Hebrews 9:5-12; 1 John 2:2).
- SKIING: Skiing is to glide on skis in travel or for sport. There are different types of skiing including cross country and downhill snow skiing and waterskiing.
Positive: Dreaming of skiing could represent faith, support by God’s power through faith, fast progress, fun, or relaxation.
Negative: Skiing in a dream may represent going down a slippery slope or not being in control of your own life.
(John 6:19-21; Matthew 14:29-31).
- SLAPPING: Slapping is to strike sharply with an open hand.
Positive: Being slapped in a dream could be a wake-up call or God trying to get your attention.
Negative: Dreaming of being slapped or slapping someone else could represent being stubborn, walking in hatred, suffering for Christ’s sake, or someone having contempt against you.
(Matthew 5:39; Job 16:10).
- SLEEPING: Sleeping is the natural periodic suspension of consciousness when the body’s powers are restored.
Positive: Sleeping in a dream could symbolize refreshment, spiritual stupor, rest, watchfulness, alertness, or resurrection from the sleep of death.
Negative: Dreaming of sleeping could represent indifference or not taking things seriously.
(Daniel 12:1-2; Acts 7:60; Ephesians 5:14; Romans 13:11).
- SLIPPING: Slipping is to move with a smooth sliding motion or to slide out of place.
Positive: Slipping in a dream could indicate the power of God saving you or being humbled by God.
Negative: If you slip in a dream it could represent lacking repentance, being too eased with not submitting to natural or divine guidance, danger of losing one’s eternal security in God, envious ways, or a result of pride.
(Psalm 22:37; Psalm 94:18; Psalm 36:16-18).
- SMILING: Smiling is when a person exhibits a facial expression in which their eyes brighten and corners of their mouth curve upward. Note who is smiling in the dream, their relationship to the dreamer, and their character.
Positive: Dreaming of smiling could represent friendliness, goodwill, kindness, benevolence, being without offense, or joy.
Negative: Smiling in a dream could symbolize seduction, deception, or a façade.
(Proverbs 18:24; Proverbs 15:13).
- SOWING: Sowing is to plant seed for growth especially by scattering it.
Positive: Sowing in a dream could represent dispersing righteous seeds in order to produce fruit, blessing coming after an act of obedience. It could also be God telling you to sow a sacrificial seed.
Negative: In a dream, sowing could symbolize spreading evil seeds or planting bad thoughts into your mind or others
(Galatians 6:7-8; 2 Corinthians 9:6; Job 4:8; Psalm 126:5; Matthew 13:3-9; Mark 4:1-20).
- SPEAKING: Speaking is to utter words or articulate sounds with the ordinary voice.
Positive: Dreaming of speaking could represent the compelling words of Christ, thunder, indication to the open door of our hearts to receive Jesus, sound of many waters, sign of a covenant, requires obedience, blessings, can start a fire for good, or the power of life.
Negative: Speaking in a dream could indicate the power of death, starting a fire for evil, curses, disobedience, pride, or arrogance.
(Zechariah 9:7-8; Romans 5:3-4; 1 Timothy 6:20; Proverbs 25:18-19; Matthew 3:3; Joshua 24:24-25; Genesis 3:1-19).
- SPRINKLING: Sprinkling is to scatter something in drops or particles.
Positive: Dreaming of sprinkling something could represent washing, cleansing, or consecration.
Negative: Sprinkling in a dream could represent not being thorough.
(1 Peter 1:2; Leviticus 1:5-11; Leviticus 14:7; Hebrews 9:13).
- STANDING: Standing is to support oneself self on the feet standing in an erect position.
Positive: Standing could represent being committed to a point of view or belief, loyalty, honor, standing on the Word of God, virtue, or honesty.
Negative: In a dream, standing could symbolize and incomplete task or pride.
(Acts 7:55-56; Hebrews 10:11; Ephesians 6:13).
- STAMMERING: Stammering is to make involuntary stops and repetitions in one’s speech, also known as stuttering.
Positive: In a dream, stammering could represent God preventing you from saying something you’ll regret.
Negative: Stammering could represent the devil attacking the power of your words, indication that your words are being attacked in the spirit world, insecurity, or fear.
(Philippians 4:6-7; Exodus 4:10).
- STUMBLING: Stumbling is to make an error or to fall into sin.
Positive: In a dream, stumbling could represent the Lord causing you to humble yourself.
Negative: Stumbling in a dream could represent a barrier in the way preventing the truth, sin, backsliding, mistake, becoming deceived, to be overcome, ignorance, or not having compassion for others.
(Jeremiah 50:32; Romans 11:9; Isaiah 5:24; Exodus 15:7; 1 Corinthians 1:23; 1 Peter 2:8; Proverbs 3:23).
- SUICIDE: Suicide is the act of taking one’s own life voluntarily and intentionally.
Positive: Suicide could represent dying to self or giving up one’s own life to follow Jesus.
Negative: Committing suicide in a dream can symbolize self-destruction, self-hatred, grief, remorse, or foolish actions.
(Ecclesiastes 7:16-17; Matthew 27:3-5; Galatians 2:20; Mark 8:35; 1 Corinthians 3:16-17).
- SWEATING: Sweating is to excrete moisture in visible quantities through the sweat glands as a natural bodily response to heat or the exertion of energy.
Positive: Dreaming of sweating could represent hard work.
Negative: Sweating could also represent the effort of man, fleshly works, striving in the flesh, or anxiety.
(Genesis 3:19; Luke 22:44).
- SWEEPING: Sweeping is to remove something from a surface with a broom or a brush or to remove something with one swift swiping action.
Positive: Sweeping in a dream could symbolize cleaning house, repentance, change, or actively taking barriers down.
Negative: In a dream, sweeping could represent sweeping important things under the rug, shame, admonishment of sinners, or having an apathetic attitude.
(Isaiah 28:17; Ephesians 4:31; 2 Corinthians 7:1; 1 Timothy 5:20).
- SWIMMING: Swimming is to propel oneself in water by natural means.
Positive: Dreaming of swimming could symbolize conducting spiritual activity, worship, gifts of the Spirit being applied, service to God, prophecy in operation, or being filled with the Holy Spirit.
Negative: In a dream, swimming could represent putting yourself into a dangerous situation.
(Ezekiel 47:5; Ephesians 3:8).
- SWINGING: Swinging is causing something to move vigorously through a wide arc or circle.
Positive: Swinging could symbolize peace, rest, quietness, romance, or fellowship.
Negative: Swinging high in a dream could represent danger, thrill seeking, immorality, infidelity, or being careless.
- TASTING: Tasting is sampling a selection of food or drinks to compare qualities.
Positive: In a dream, tasting could represent an experience, discernment, or testing spirits.
Negative: Dreaming of tasting something could symbolize tests, trials, and judging.
(1 John 4:1; Psalm 34:8; Psalm 119:103; Hebrews 2:9; Exodus 16:31; John 2:9; Matthew 27:34).
- TRAINING: Training is to teach a person or animal an ability that they first did not have. Training them will make them learn and understand how to do the task on their own.
Positive: Dreaming of training can represent encouragement about where God is trying to take you. Dreaming of being trained could represent being taught how to walk in the Kingdom of God. Someone training you in a dream at your job, sport, hobby, etc. could represent God wanting you to increase your skills in that area.
Negative: If you see yourself in training, it could represent that you are still in a process and are not ready to do things on your own yet.
(Proverbs 22:6; Proverbs 2:1-5; Hosea 4:6).
- UPGRADING: Upgrading is to raise or improve the grade or quality of something.
Positive: Dreaming of upgrading something could represent moving to another spiritual level, passing through death, a promotion, or a new rank in the Spirit.
Negative: To dream of an upgrade could symbolize the danger of premature promotion or promoting someone before their time.
(Matthew 10:1; Zechariah 4:6; 2 Corinthians 3:18; 2 Kings 2:11; Micah 3:8).
- URINATING: Urinating is to discharge or expel urine from the body. Dreaming of urinating could represent a pressure to conform to something or do something.
Positive: Dreaming of urinating could symbolize repentance, release, compelling urge, or removing toxins from your body.
Negative: Seeing someone or yourself urinating could symbolize releasing toxicity to others (attitudes, etc.) or temptation. Having a bladder infection could symbolize offense or enmity.
(Proverbs 17:4; 1 Samuel 25:22).
- WALKING: Walking is to move along on foot or to advance by steps. Note the conduct of the dreamer and their lifestyle and actions.
Positive: Walking could represent progress, living in the Spirit, walking by faith, or striving.
Negative: In a dream, this could mean walking by sight, lack of faith, or walking away from where God has called you.
(Galatians 5:16-25; Ephesians 4:17; 1 John 1:6-7; 2 Corinthians 5:7).
- WIND BLOWING: Wind blowing is when the wind moves with speed or force.
Positive: The wind blowing in a dream could symbolize the powers of God, breath of life, spirit, Holy Spirit, or God’s correction.
Negative: Dreaming of wind blowing could symbolize the powers of Satan, doctrine, demonic or strong opposition, empty words, boasting, vanity, or calamity.
(Ephesians 4:14; John 3:8; Acts 2:2-4; Job 1:12; Proverbs 25:14; Isaiah 32:2; Hosea 8:7).
- WRESTLING: Wrestling is a sport or contest in which two individuals struggle hand to hand attempting to subdue the other.
Positive: Dreaming of wrestling could represent striving, deliverance, persistence, or attempting to gain control of a negative situation to make things right.
Negative: Wrestling in a dream could symbolize resistance, trial, tribulation, or a controlling spirit.
(Genesis 32:24-28; Ephesians 6:12; 2 Timothy 2:24).