Statement of Faith
- strict warning: Non-static method view::load() should not be called statically in /home/davidtaylorjmm/joshuamediaministries.org/sites/all/modules/views/views.module on line 843.
- strict warning: Declaration of views_plugin_display::options_validate() should be compatible with views_plugin::options_validate(&$form, &$form_state) in /home/davidtaylorjmm/joshuamediaministries.org/sites/all/modules/views/plugins/views_plugin_display.inc on line 1877.
- strict warning: Declaration of views_plugin_display_block::options_submit() should be compatible with views_plugin_display::options_submit(&$form, &$form_state) in /home/davidtaylorjmm/joshuamediaministries.org/sites/all/modules/views/plugins/views_plugin_display_block.inc on line 193.
- strict warning: Declaration of views_handler_field_broken::ui_name() should be compatible with views_handler::ui_name($short = false) in /home/davidtaylorjmm/joshuamediaministries.org/sites/all/modules/views/handlers/views_handler_field.inc on line 641.
- strict warning: Declaration of content_handler_field::options() should be compatible with views_object::options() in /home/davidtaylorjmm/joshuamediaministries.org/sites/all/modules/cck/includes/views/handlers/content_handler_field.inc on line 208.
- strict warning: Declaration of views_handler_filter::options_validate() should be compatible with views_handler::options_validate($form, &$form_state) in /home/davidtaylorjmm/joshuamediaministries.org/sites/all/modules/views/handlers/views_handler_filter.inc on line 585.
- strict warning: Declaration of views_handler_filter::options_submit() should be compatible with views_handler::options_submit($form, &$form_state) in /home/davidtaylorjmm/joshuamediaministries.org/sites/all/modules/views/handlers/views_handler_filter.inc on line 585.
- strict warning: Declaration of views_handler_filter_broken::ui_name() should be compatible with views_handler::ui_name($short = false) in /home/davidtaylorjmm/joshuamediaministries.org/sites/all/modules/views/handlers/views_handler_filter.inc on line 609.
- strict warning: Declaration of views_handler_filter_many_to_one::init() should be compatible with views_handler_filter::init(&$view, $options) in /home/davidtaylorjmm/joshuamediaministries.org/sites/all/modules/views/handlers/views_handler_filter_many_to_one.inc on line 104.
- strict warning: Declaration of views_handler_filter_term_node_tid::value_validate() should be compatible with views_handler_filter::value_validate($form, &$form_state) in /home/davidtaylorjmm/joshuamediaministries.org/sites/all/modules/views/modules/taxonomy/views_handler_filter_term_node_tid.inc on line 303.
- strict warning: Declaration of views_plugin_row::options_validate() should be compatible with views_plugin::options_validate(&$form, &$form_state) in /home/davidtaylorjmm/joshuamediaministries.org/sites/all/modules/views/plugins/views_plugin_row.inc on line 135.
- strict warning: Declaration of views_plugin_row::options_submit() should be compatible with views_plugin::options_submit(&$form, &$form_state) in /home/davidtaylorjmm/joshuamediaministries.org/sites/all/modules/views/plugins/views_plugin_row.inc on line 135.
Statement of Faith
What we Believe at JMMI
What We Believe About The Bible
We believe in the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments as verbally inspired of God, and inerrant in the original writings, and that they are the supreme and final authority in faith and life. (2 Timothy 3:16-17; 2 Peter 1:19-21; Acts 17:11; and Isaiah 8:20)
What We Believe About God
We believe in one God, eternally existing in three persons: FATHER, SON and HOLY SPIRIT.
GOD THE FATHER - We believe in God the Father, Creator of heaven and earth, perfect in holiness, infinite in wisdom and measureless in power. We rejoice that He concerns Himself mercifully in the affairs of men, that He hears and answers prayer, and that He saves from sin and death all who come to Him through Jesus Christ. (Matthew 5:48; Genesis 1:1; Hebrews 11:3; Nehemiah 9:6; Hebrews 1:2-3; Psalm 103:19; Ephesians 1:11; 1 Kings 8:27; and Psalm 90:2)
THE SON - We believe in Jesus Christ, God's only begotten Son, conceived of the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, sinless in His life, and making atonement for the sin of the world by His shed blood and death on the cross. We believe in His bodily resurrection, His ascension into heaven, and His high priestly intercession for His people. We believe in His personal, visible and triumphant return to the world according to His promise. (Isaiah 9:6; Matthew 1:18-25; John 1:14; Hebrews 10:9; John 1:29; 1 John 2:1-2; John 14:3; 1 Thessalonians 4:15-17; and Acts 1:11)
THE HOLY SPIRIT - We believe in the Holy Spirit, who came forth from God to convict the world of sin, to convince the world of righteousness, and of judgment, and to regenerate, sanctify, and comfort those who believe in Jesus Christ. We also believe in the baptism of the Holy Spirit with the evidence of speaking in tongues as the Holy Spirit gives utterance. (John 15:26; John 16:8-11; Romans 6:3-6; 1 Corinthians 12:13; 2 Thessalonians 2:13; and 1 Peter 1:1-3)
What We Believe About People
MAN - We believe that man was created in the image of God, that he sinned and thereby incurred not only physical death but also spiritual death, which is separation from God; and that all human beings are sinners by nature and by choice. We believe that man has been redeemed from this fall through God sending His Son Jesus to die on the cross. (Genesis 1:27; Genesis 2:15-17; and Romans 3:10-12, 23)
SALVATION - We believe that, God so loved the world that He gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life. (John 3:16 NIV) We believe that all who receive, by faith, Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord are born again of the Holy Spirit and, therefore, become children of God. We believe that justification means that a person is declared righteous in the sight of God by grace alone, through faith alone, in Christ alone. (John 1:12; Romans 3:21-26; Ephesians 1:13; 2:8-10)
STATUS IN ETERNITY - We believe in the bodily resurrection of the just and the unjust, the everlasting blessedness of the saved, and the everlasting, conscious punishment of the lost. (Matthew 25:46)
HUMAN RESPONSIBILITY - We believe that every human being has responsibility to God alone in all matters of faith. (Romans 14:11-12)
What We Believe About The Church
THE CHURCH - We believe in the Church -- a living, spiritual body in which Christ is the Head and of which all regenerated people are members. We believe that a visible church is a company of believers in Jesus Christ, buried with Him in baptism and associated for the purpose of leading believers toward maturity through worship, instruction, fellowship and evangelism. We believe that Christ has committed to the local church, the ordinances of Baptism and Communion to be observed until He comes, and that Christ has committed to the church the responsibility to proclaim to a lost world their need to accept Jesus Christ as Savior and to recognize Him has Lord. We believe that human betterment and social improvement are essential products of the Gospel. (Ephesians 1:22-23; Romans 6:3-5; Matthew 28:19-20; 1 Corinthians 11:23-26; and John 8:31-32)
ATTITUDE TOWARD CIVIL GOVERNMENT - We believe that each church is independent and autonomous, and must be free from interference by any ecclesiastical or political authority. We also believe that it is the responsibility of the church (individually and corporately) to live in submission to the government, as long as that does not violate Scripture or conscience and to pray for those who are in authority over us. (1 Timothy 2:1-3; Titus 3:1; 1 Peter 2:13-14; Acts 5:29; Matthew 23:10; Romans 13:1-7)